Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Just another day of snacks and cat pictures

Total steps yesterday:  18,399
Exercise for today:  strength training

Ever have one of those days when life just doesn't feel very interesting?  Today is one of those days for me.  It's not a bad day.  Started out a bit early when Zoe decided at 4:23 a.m. that she absolutely had to go outside right that minute, but I was able to go back to bed afterward and get 45 minutes more sleep.  I got a pumpkin spice latte on my way to work and have spent the morning being pleasantly busy while also wondering what it means on the bottom of the Sundried Tomato & Basil Wheat Thins box when it describes them as having "Natural flavor with other natural flavor":

 

It probably means that they're overly processed, which also means they're overly delicious and I recommend them as a snack (though not necessarily as a healthy snack). 

I had a so-so workout.  Well, that's not true.  I had a great workout, but it was one of those where I just was in the zone and busting through strength training, so I didn't have any particularly deep thoughts during it.  And now I'm coasting to the end of the day and tentatively mapping out how I'm going to make the casserole I have planned for dinner seem less like a side dish and more like a real meal.  

But that's about all I got today.  No extremely deep thoughts, no reflections on pregnancy or the awesomeness of running, no urge to wax poetic on how beautiful Fall is.  All I have is this picture of Zebra all curled up next to James last night before bed:

 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=a5f3e4faad&view=att&th=1413286911f359a0&attid=0.0&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8rsjpqTFo6i1r8kNEtlq14&sadet=1379532237036&sads=be6k0_NKzVqf3fEFfNLbn5_aHes

I will add that our reverence to our bed sleeping kitty may be getting out of control.  It's so rare for her to want to be close to us that James and I have both gone out of our way not to disturb her when she's sleeping on the bed.  However, when Zoe woke me up this morning at the aforementioned 4:23 a.m., James, Zoe, and I were all basically on one half of the bed with Zebra peacefully sleeping on the other half.  Eleven pounds of cat probably doesn't need more space than 360 pounds of human and dog.  But she's precious so we'll forgive her.  And try to think through sleep brain to just move her off the bed if space gets tight tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment