Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunny and 75

Total steps Friday:  9,101
Total steps yesterday:  9,868
Exercise for today:  30 minute run

I have not been sleeping particularly well lately.  I'm overheated frequently, wake up to pee every few hours, and can't seem to get in to a comfortable position.  On top of it all, both animals have taken to sleeping on the bed.  Historically speaking, Zoe will jump on the bed the last hour or so of the morning, which isn't a big deal.  And Zebra never wants anything to do with us in general, so she's rarely a bed cat, but for some reason has been all over it the last few days.  Awake Kathryn would probably just move the animals off the bed, but asleep Kathryn doesn't think that way.  And to be fair, when I did try to move the animals off the bed before going to sleep last night, I got these looks from them:
There will be blood.
There will be cuteness.

So, yes, I totally capitulated and let them sleep on the bed.  And that is the reason why I would never be a successful cosleeper with a baby - the animals already rule that particular roost.

It's been far too busy of a weekend with lots of errands to run, chores to do, and friends to meet for brunch.  Guys.  We went to a brunch place whose specialty was donut holes, so of course we had to order some, and they weren't good.  It's terrible to live in a world where specialty donut holes are not good.

But the good news is that I've at least come close to 10,000 steps a day each day this weekend.  And yesterday I only fell 140 steps short and I didn't wear my Fitbit to yoga, so I'm assuming that I hit my target - it just didn't record.  Yoga was at least decent yesterday.  The instructor didn't make us pause to giggle, at least, which is sadly an improvement from last week.

I've been really snacky lately and definitely indulged in too much crap food last night, and I think it gave me a food hangover this morning.  Luckily, the weather was perfect this morning and I hit the trails of the park next door for a 30 minute run.  Fitbit put me at about 2.8 miles for the whole thing, which tracks with the 11 minute miles I've been averaging.  It was my third run with the support belt, and I think I've finally gotten the trick to it down.

When I first wore it last week, I wrapped the band underneath my bump, but have found that it works better if I actually strap it directly over the bump.  This seems to eliminate both the post-run ligament pain and the during run "I need to pee every second" pain.  I am sad, though, that I can't seem to find an actual running belt for pregnancy support.  It'd be great to have a belt that would hold both my bump and a few water bottles.  Oh well.  Can't win 'em all.

And as my reward for actually running today AND dealing with not-good specialty donut holes, I'm going to make some oatmeal cookies with these included:

 Sometimes the universe (or Target) gives me the most wonderful gifts, and there is nothing to do but bake cookies with them.

2 comments:

  1. Two things:

    1. If I didn't live so far away, I would come over to your house and sew some water bottle holders onto your pregnancy support belt for you. I now have a seriously maternal urge to support your maternal need for running support and water bottles. Damn the distance!

    2. The snoogle. I cannot recommend it enough. I lived without one until my baby shower last time (so...2.5-ish months before due date). This time, I busted it out as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test. I don't think I could sleep without it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Snoogle! My mom bought me one around 9 weeks as a gift when I was trying to become a slide sleeper rather than a back sleeper. Love, love, love it. Unfortunately, so do Zoe and Zebra...

      Delete