Sunday, October 20, 2013

New anti-PR

Total steps yesterday: 7,863
Exercise for today: 3 mile run

Greetings from the floor of my apartment!  Apparently this week in pregnancy = lower back pain when when I sit in traditional places like couches and chairs.  So there's been a lot of floor sitting lately, which equals a lot of animal attention as a consequence - both Zoe and Zebra seem a bit weirded out when I invade their carpet space.

It's been a relatively boring weekend in the W household.  There's lots of housework to be done, so I'm slowly chipping away at that list, while also prioritizing things like sleeping and a Sunday morning run. 

Is it possible to have an anti-PR?  Like, the slowest you've ever run?  If so, today was my slowest 5k ever since I've actually been able to run a 5k.  It took me about 38 minutes to cover the distance.  Part of that was because I took a few small "catch my breath" breaks.  The first half of my 3 mile loop is all uphill, and hills and stairs continue to be the bane of my existence.  So I  had to take a few minutes along the way to let my heartbeat slow down and catch my breath a bit.  It wasn't a huge deal - it's beautiful outside and I enjoyed the day, and still covered the distance I wanted to.

I was thinking as I ran, though, that I am inching ever closer to the point where I can't run.  I was really hoping that I might be able to push through the entire pregnancy, or at least close, but based on my body the last few weeks, I just don't know if that will happen anymore.  I'm not giving up yet, but I think the point of no return is approaching.  I'd like to make it to at least my third trimester, which translates to 4 more weeks or 12 more runs.  I think I have at least that many left in me.

So far, Lil W and I have travelled around 734 (Fitbit verified) miles together.  That's quite a distance, but I'm still planning to chip away and reach 1,000 miles together before her 2014 arrival.  Baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment