Friday, November 15, 2013

3rd Trimester = 3 mile run

Total steps yesterday:  6,376
Exercise for today:  3 mile run

Well, as of today, I'm officially in the home stretch.  Pregnancy is 2/3s of the way done, and I celebrated by taking a great 3 mile run.  I'm slow and awkward and sometimes my feet hurt, but overall, for 6 months pregnant, I'm feeling pretty good.


And as a prize for following along this long, you get a non-gym clothes bump selfie!

Lil W is plugging along and is now about the size of an eggplant, which is cool.  I like eggplants, and also the color purple, so it's a good week as far as pregnancy vegetables go.  Yesterday was a rest day which largely was rest - other than a few errands, I spent the day on the couch.  I'm hoping to make up for it with a more active weekend, but we'll see how that goes and how I'm feeling.  Is it bad that I'm tempted to actually schedule nap time in to my weekend?  Because I'm thinking 2 p.m. on Saturday sounds like a great time for a nap.

For those playing along at home, Lil W and I have taken 1,953,133 steps together, or just over 860 miles.  That means that sometime within the next week we'll hit the 2 million step mark, and shortly after that we'll get to 1000 miles.  I think it's a doable goal by the end of December, and then anything after that is just icing on the cake.  Hopefully I'll still be able to run by then - if not, I'll keep moving along on the elliptical and walking on the treadmill as we tick ever closer to arrival date.

No comments:

Post a Comment