Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fitness challenges

Total steps yesterday:  12,098
Exercise for today:  3 miles elliptical

I've taken a few days off running, and I think it's the right choice.  My body is happier, which is what I figure I should be aiming for right now.  I still think I'll run 1-2 times a week while I can, but this weekend's 5k run made me feel really accomplished and at peace with starting to slow down.

Also, I've misplaced my running belt and until it turns up I'm resigned to walk and elliptical my way through workouts.

Have you ever taken part in a holiday fitness challenge?  I have the last two years with my fitness friends, and it's the best for keeping me on track.  My older sister actually first introduced me to the idea of starting New Years Resolutions a month early, which helps a lot to keep you focused through December.  Adding in other people just makes it fun.  And this month it's been good because it's forced me to work out when I don't want me.  My goals this month are modest - hit at least 70,000 steps weekly, exercise 5 days a week, and no snacking after 8 p.m. (snacking does not include dessert in my opinion).  So far I've been very successful and definitely forced myself to exercise when I wanted to be lazy.  I always feel better once I'm done.

Also, I'd just like to point out that I have less than 20 miles to go before I hit 1,000 miles with Lil W.  It's going to happen and it's going to be big.  Much like I am right now.

1 comment:

  1. Walking 1,000 miles with your baby while she's still inside - what a great example for her! I'm so proud of you, Kathryn! Lil W is in for a fun ride!!

    ReplyDelete