Tuesday, August 20, 2013

20,000 steps!

Total steps yesterday:  20,026
Exercise plans for today:  3 mile run, Zoe walk

I hit 20,000 steps (or about 9.4 miles) yesterday.  Yay!  I did have to run in place for a few minutes before bed in order to get the last 600 or so steps, but I was so close it had to be done.  Zoe did not like this sudden burst of activity and made this face:



Feeling pretty tired today, so my exercise plans might shift with my energy levels, but I'm hoping to wake up a bit soon.  Worst case scenario I might have a cup of coffee.  I love my OB for giving me the go ahead to drink some caffeinated drinks.  In that respect, I also think I might love this new blog, Expecting Better.  The author of it is an economist who analyzes the actual numbers and facts surrounding pregnancy myths.  I like hard numbers, and economists (like my husband), so it seems like it could be enjoyable.

I tried a new recipe for brussel sprouts yesterday and it was amazing.  I think James and I will be eating a lot of those in the coming months, and that makes me happy.  Fresh food is so, so good right now.  Tonight's meal plan is braised chicken and caesar salad, and I can't wait.

In other news, Zebra has  taken to sleeping in the tub all the time.  I wonder if she's just prepping for the arrival of baby when the bathroom might be her only refuge?  Or, more likely, she's just trying to avoid carpet and other surfaces where fleas might be hiding.  Either way, it's a bit hilarious when I get up in the middle of the night (as I have to all the time now) and she's just hanging in the tub.  Weird cat.

I think it might be time for me to start researching running belts for pregnancy.  Turns out that the baby bounces around a lot during runs (which I like to imagine feels like an awesome fun rollercoaster ride for Lil W), but I think it might be one reason I've been more plagued by ligament pain recently.  Got to look in to that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment