Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I don't think he knows about second breakfast

Total steps yesterday:  18,667
Exercise plans for today:  Strength workout

My knee is feeling a bit sore after two days of running, so I'm taking today as a strength training day.  I've slacked on my strength training since getting pregnant, and I need to get back in to it.  My tentative plan is to restart Phase 1 of New Rules of Lifting - it seriously made me so much stronger than I've ever been in my life, and I can't recommend it enough.

However, as much as I love it, it's sometimes hard to convince myself to do it since I don't get many steps from it.  It's a total psychological block.  I know logically that weight lifting is good for me, and that it burns as much if not more calories than cardio, and that I really, really like when I get definition in my arms.  I also know that, having gotten tired after holding my 11 pound cat like a baby for about 10 minutes, that I can use the extra arm strength before the baby comes.  I plan to make this same face about the baby:


I imagine the baby will be making the same face as the cat.  AKA looking to the heavens and praying that I'll leave her alone soon.

I've stopped food logging since getting pregnant since I haven't wanted to be too focused on the numbers (other than the 10,000 steps a day one).  I've tried to concentrate on eating when I'm hungry, and ideally eating healthy foods most of the time.  Some days are better than others.  However, I've had to completely shift my eating habits.  I used to be a three meals, two snacks a day kind of person, with sometimes dessert.  Now I have the approximate eating habits of a Hobbit:

I would estimate half of the meals are fruit, so it's not so bad in the end?  Except I also add an 8th meal of frozen yogurt or custard at the end of the day.  Because I need the calcium, of course.  A pregnant woman's gotta do what a pregnant woman's gotta do:
#whatshouldwecallme

No comments:

Post a Comment