Wednesday, August 28, 2013

It's (almost) the most wonderful time of the year

Total steps yesterday:  20,408
Exercise plans for today:  Strength workout

Back in March, I spoke with my Colorado ob/gyn about trying to get pregnant.  One of his (sort of awkward) comments was that it was the best time of year to try.  When I asked why, he said I could avoid being super pregnant during the summer months.  As my friend the Spaghetti Westerner can attest, I think my doctor was very, very wise in saying this.  At least it'll be December / January during the least comfortable months of pregnancy?  I guess that's a good thing.

However, the doc failed to take one very important thing in to consideration.  By being pregnant in the fall, I had put myself in danger of not being able to fully appreciate my favorite time of year:



 That's right - it's almost Starbucks pumpkin spice latte season (aka PSLS)!  It's the most glorious time of year, which I eagerly await with bated breath, and I was so sad to think that I might miss a whole year's worth of pumpkin spice goodness.  Was a baby even worth that type of sacrifice? Luckily, my OB gave me the thumbs up on caffeine in moderation so I didn't have to weigh that cost/benefit analysis. I will try to be moderate and not drink three lattes a day, which I've sometimes done in the past in the first week of PSLS.

I've done internet research this morning, and while there's no official release date, there's some rumors suggesting the drink could arrive as early as September 1st.  James, you now know what I want for our anniversary.  The drink comes in a paper cup, so that counts as an acceptable gift for the first anniversary, right?

Also, I learned that the only thing harder to find on the internet than reliable advice on strength training in pregnancy is the release date of pumpkin spice lattes.  Why is life so hard?

In the meantime, I'm eating this as a morning snack to tide me over until PSLS begins. 


They're really good and remind me of a healthier version of the cookies that Delta gives away on their flights that I always really love.



Anyway.  I actually had a lot of nice thoughts I was going to type out today related to eating intuitively, but it's a cold-ish rainy day in Virginia which makes me excited for Fall and delicious drinks, and I got sidetracked.  So  here's a slightly fuzzy baby bump picture (16 weeks, 5 days), and there will be more on intuitive eating later.



1 comment:

  1. Your little fuzzy bump and you look very good. I'm so glad you're writing - so glad you're making so many healthy choices - so glad you can have pumpkin lattes!!
    It sounds like one of your lazy days was a Monday? Am I missing something work-wise?
    Love yous!

    ReplyDelete